divorce lawyer
English Speaking Chinese Lawyer for family law issues
Your current position:Home >> Divorce laws

Can I sue for a divorce if the other party is missing?(2)

  • Time:2021-07-02
  • counter:2088

The People's Court may require the plaintiff himself or herself to appear in court to sign a guarantee as per the provisions of Article 110 of the Interpretation of the Civil Procedure Law. The warranty shall state that the address of the defendant is provided accurately, and if there is any misrepresentation, he or she is willing to accept punishment.

There are generally two reasons why the plaintiff cannot provide the accurate address of the defendant: immigration of the defendant or the plaintiff intentionally provides a false address of the defendant in bad faith.

34F, Huaneng Union tower, 958 Lujiazui Ring Rd, Shanghai, 200120, P.R. China 豫ICP备10204199号-3